This blog is about books, eBooks , my memories .

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Haft sin




Dear Parmis


    The Haft Sin or the seven S’s is a major traditional setting of nowruz. The Haft Sin includes seven items starting with Sin(“s”) in the Persian alphabet.
    Samanu, senjed, sabze, sir,somaq, serke, if you put sib (Apple) beside others. Now we have Haft Sin.

The Haft Sin items are:
   Sabzeh- wheat, barley or lentil sprouts growing in a dish-symbolizing rebirth.
   Samanu- a sweet pudding made from wheat germ-symbolizing affluence.
   Senjed-  the dried fruit of the oleaster tree- symbolizing love.
   Sir  garlic –  symbolizing medicine.
   Sib   apples – symbolizing beauty and health.
   somaq – sumac berries – symbolizing (the color of) sunrise.
  Serkeh  vinegar – symbolizing age and patience.

  In addition Mirror, Candles , Golab (Rose water) ,Goldfish, Painted Eggs and Qur'an.  

I remember a memory about Haft Sin, I wanted to tell you it today. but I'm tired so I write it later.

            Best Wishes 
        These days I'm very happy.
                 M.T


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

Copyright © iIslandbooks | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com