This blog is about books, eBooks , my memories .

Friday, October 11, 2013

I Failed All my classes

Inline image 4


Why Entrepreneurs Should Care About Miley Cyrus's Risky Pivot

 BY Carrie Kerpen 

 

I have a 10-year-old daughter who grew up watching Hannah Montana. And so, when the Video Music Awards aired with Miley Cyrus gyrating in a teddy bear leotard and using a foam finger to rub her genitalia, I was none too pleased. What would I tell my daughter? Would she want to watch this? While I determined my next steps as a parent (which was to tell her that Cyrus's new stuff is kind of gross and not for kids), I began thinking about whether Miley's recent makeover would help or hurt her career. Although only time will tell ultimately, I found some clear lessons for entrepreneurs based on Miley's recent choices and I've outlined them below.

 

Read more: www.inc.com

 

 

 


 Inline image 3

 

 

 3 Reasons Exercise Makes You Smarter

By: Drake Baer

 

Writing in Scientific American, Justin Rhodes, an assistant professor of psychology at the University of Illinois, reports that a "growing body of evidence suggests we think and learn better" when we walk, jog, or otherwise workout--though the reasons why aren't completely understood.

Though he does have some ideas.

One key is blood flow, Rhodes says: When you exercise, your blood pressure and blood flow shoot up across your body, brain included. And since blood carries oxygen--which brains just love--you'll be better nourished to do the things you need to do.

 

Read more:http://www.fastcompany.com/3013522/creative-conversations/3-reasons-exercise-makes-you-smarter#!





Inline image 5

 

 

Goodbye SEO, Hello SMO (Social Media Optimization)

 

By Peg

 

 

I recently had a Google+ Hangout with Joshua Berg who is an SEO/SMO thought leader. I've read his blog but we hadn't "met" each other before so this was really fun. I did a little research to see what Joshua's background was and was excited to ask some questions about social media, blogging, SEO, and most importantly SMO or social media optimization which is Joshua's specialty. The hangout led to more thinking (imagine that!) and I had a few more questions which Joshua was kind enough to answer for me.  Google's Hummingbird update has made a few changes but not to worry.

 

Read more:http://pegfitzpatrick.com/2013/10/09/goodbye-seo-hello-smo-social-media-optimization/#!




 Inline image 2

I Failed All My Classes and that's Why I'm Winning

Gary Vaynerchuk in I.M.H.O

 

 

I wasn't a great student, and I wasn't well read, and honestly that was my advantage. There are a lot of things I don't know. I say things and people think they're brilliant statements, but people have said all those things before, just differently (and I'd be happy to quote them if I knew how they actually said it!). This is actually something that I think about a lot:

That I get credit for a lot of things that are actually grounded in my weaknesses.

 Read more: medium.com





Inline image 6Inline image 7



New Facebook Marketing Research Shows What Works

By Patricia Redsicker


Are you wondering what works with Facebook and what's a waste of time?

Do hashtags make a difference?

What about sponsored stories?

There's recently been ton of research to understand how Facebook marketing is helping (or hurting) businesses.

Here are five noteworthy Facebook findings we uncovered from the latest published research.

 

#1: 78% of U.S. Facebook Users Are Mobile

Facebook is at the center of a sizable shift to mobile. In the U.S. alone, 78% of all Facebook users (just shy of 100 million people) logged into their Facebook accounts via mobile this year (TechCrunch).

Research from eMarketer predicts that this number will continue to grow and by 2017, 154.7 million Americans will be using Facebook on their mobile devices.

 

Read more:http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/new-facebook-marketing-research/#!





 Inline image 1


Crain's names 2013 Best Places to Work

 

Rankings of New York City's best places to work will be published in the Dec. 9 issue of Crain's New York Business. To see the complete rankings online, plus full coverage, including profiles and photos, check back Sunday, Dec. 8, at CrainsNewYork.com/bestplaces.


Read more:http://www.crainsnewyork.com


 

 Inline image 8


Inline image 9Inline image 11

 

 


" A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer , it sings because it has a song.                                                                                                           Maxa Angelou

 



  Is it  a beautiful quote? I think so. I made my slogan of it:                      " I have a song, I like to sing it."

 

               

            Best Success

                              M.T


-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

Copyright © iIslandbooks | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com